We’re looking for an experienced analytics professional to help us understand and improve our innovative health access programs for San Francisco’s underserved communities.
Based at the San Francisco Health Plan, a public Medicaid HMO, this role supports two innovative public programs: Healthy San Francisco, a health access program for low-income San Francisco residents; and SF City Option, a financial benefit program for San Francisco workers. This is a dynamic role that will combine ownership of our external reporting to funders and government stakeholders, behind the scenes technical work to improve our data infrastructure, and internal data evangelism to upskill our staff and enhance our data-driven decision-making practices. You will work with our monitoring and evaluation and UX staff, software and data engineers, product managers, and program/business owners to ensure that we have the data, metrics, and skills to better understand our programs, communicate our progress to funders, and make data-driven decisions.
Please note: this position can be 100% remote
What you will do:
- Hire, mentor, coach, and supervise a team of monitoring and evaluation and user experience program managers
- Revamp our external reporting for funders and government stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly, and annual operations and program reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on business KPIs and metrics, track progress against goals, and provide insights into drivers of success and/or areas of improvement
- Prioritize, assign, and provide feedback on analytics deliverables such as reports, Tableau dashboards, journey maps, personas, and in-depth evaluations
- Serve as subject matter expert on qualitative and quantitative research methodology collaborating with the team to match the right research method to the question/problem
- Support development of new data architecture and data management processes, including demographic data reconciliation; modernizing data exchanges; and consolidating records
- Identify gaps and redundancies in program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting practices, and design, lead, and prioritize projects, new tools, and processes to address unmet needs
- Institute and oversee reporting QA and data quality review processes
- Propose and implement strategies to improve data use and literacy among department management and staff
- Serve as project lead on cross-department initiatives related to data and reporting
What you will bring:
- 8+ years of analytics or evaluation work experience
- 2+ years of people management experience with the ability to support, empower and develop a team
- Bachelors degree with coursework in statistics and qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Deep experience in data visualization and data storytelling
- Experience with donor, grant, or other government/non-profit reporting
- Experience creating key performance indicators
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Tableau
- Experience with mixed methods and qualitative research; ability to match a research question to the correct qualitative or quantitative methodology
- Ability to synthesize vague business needs into requirements that can be addressed analytically
- Understanding of database management: data architecture and structure, data ownership and governance, data quality, data reconciliation
- Understanding of data exchange technology (XML, APIs, EDI 834s)
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, and able to work in a highly dynamic setting
- Curiosity and a drive to understand and clarify complex topics
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the public Medi-Cal managed care plan for San Francisco serving 140,000 Medi-Cal members. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator to support the SF Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco and the SF City Option.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.