Help lead and inspire a team dedicated to increasing access to health care for low income San Francisco residents and workers. Manage a team of dedicated Enrollment Assistors who are on the front lines of educating, empowering and enrolling our community members most impacted by COVID-19 into vital health care programs, such as Healthy San Francisco and Medi-Cal. Ensure they have the training, tools, and skills that meet the needs of our clients in a supportive, efficient and safe environment.
All SFHP Enrollment Services are being performed remotely – in person appointments will resume at the SFHP Service Center when it is safe to reopen.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage: In partnership with a strong management team, mentor, lead, and support a diverse team of Enrollment staff to provide accurate, empathetic enrollment and education services to members of the San Francisco community. Provide effective coaching and leadership to support high employee satisfaction and morale.
- Data, Analytics and Strategy: Identify and support development of data analytics, reporting, metrics and key performance indicators to help us achieve our enrollment services goals. Act as liaison and partner with Product Management Team on projects, project management, and administrator functions. Implement effective training and performance monitoring tools and reporting to ensure accurate, consistent enrollment services.
- Operations: Maintain an efficient and responsive client scheduling system to ensure timely enrollment and renewal services. Once it is safe to return to the SFHP Service Center, oversee facilities management to maintain a safe and welcoming Service Center. Collaborate on cross functional teams to support Healthy San Francisco, SF City Option and SFHP Medi-Cal operations. Participate, as needed, in community outreach strategies and activities to support membership and retention in health coverage programs, particularly in underserved areas and with underserved populations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role with direct reports required. 3 years’ experience strongly preferred. Experience in a public facing role preferred.
- Prior work experience in a health care, human services, community based non-profit or public service benefit organization is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills are required.
- Proven ability to maintain a positive and healthy environment for staff and clients with a diverse range of experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills; bilingual Spanish or Cantonese/Mandarin preferred.
Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a public Medi-Cal managed care plan whose mission is to achieve universal health coverage. It provides free, high quality health insurance to 140,000 San Franciscans. In addition to its Medi-Cal work, SFHP administers the Healthy San Francisco program, an innovative health access program for residents ineligible for public health insurance and SF City Option, financial assistance program for San Francisco workers. SFHP also operates a public Service Center where San Franciscans can enroll in public health insurance and other benefits
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.