Do you take pride in knowing that your work positively impact thousands of lives? Do you thrive in a mission-driven and fast-paced environment where the frontier of healthcare is constantly being pushed? Are you interested in being part of an award-winning health plan? If so, let's talk!
As the Associate Program Manager on our Health Services Product Management team, you will be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and implementation of small to medium scale programs and projects both individually and in collaboration with other Program Managers within the Health Services department. The programs and projects you will work on directly affect the Health Outcomes Improvement, Pharmacy, Care Management and Clinical Operations groups within the department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Product Management
- Support, maintain and drive the execution of program roadmaps and priorities.
- Utilize existing foundational knowledge to develop a strong understanding of system interfaces, exchanges and data sets relevant to the deaprtment and organization.
- Serve as liaison with ITS, Business Analytics, and Business Solutions departments for any changes or updates in data exchanges.
- Enhance system/data integration by representing systems/data in relevant meetings and facilitate further collaboration between departments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unusual system behaviors, including determining the root cause and solution, communicating and escalating as needed.
- Review and approve Functional and Design Specifications based on Business Requirements Documentation.
- Manage change requests, including researching and understanding requests to inform configuration needs, making configuration changes as needed.Project Management
- Project Management
- Provide leadership for small and medium scale projects from initiation to closure, including leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyze data to improve system performance and user workflows.
- Vendor Management
- Collaborate with leadership to effectively manage external vendors.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external vendors including managing recurring meetings and developing relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience managing projects of varied complexity in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Proven success in project implementation, process improvement and/or process redesign.
- Strong understanding of the project management life-cycle with technology-enabled solutions.
- Familiarity with process design and documentation methodologies.
- Exceptional communication skills -- including the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal communications) with staff, management and executives.
- Ability to produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies all while meeting deadlines and having minimal direct supervision.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to self-motivate.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 140,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.