Do you thrive on working with passionate, intelligent coworkers committed to improving health outcomes for those that need it most? Bring your project acumen and passion to SFHP!
In the Population Health Specialist role, you will be part of the Health Outcomes Improvement team, which is committed to improving healthcare outcomes for low-income patients in San Francisco. You will contribute to key quality and performance improvement activities of San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) by functioning as the primary administrative project support for several critical initiatives. Examples of these initiatives include member and provider incentives, health education, performance measurement, HEDIS pursuit, and disease management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as the primary administrative project support and perform basic project management for department-wide operations, projects and reports intended to improve health outcomes.
- Tasks may include: research, mailings, database management, meeting coordination, event logistics, budget monitoring, project plan tracking, drafting project communications, facilitate meetings, identify project barriers and problem solving with assigned leadership and staff.
- Provide customer service and collaborate with provider groups, other SFHP departments, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Plan projects in advance and ensure responsibilities are clear.
- Serve as a staff resource for SFHP committees and advisory groups that help direct improvement efforts.
- Conduct basic analysis of quantitative and qualitative data in order to evaluate current program and inform the development of new programs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree in healthcare field or at least two years of experience in health care operations, project management, or other experience directly related to position duties and knowledge preferred
- Strong time management, task management, customer service, and organization skills across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work with qualitative and quantitative data
- Produce accurate and precise work with strong attention to detail
- Find and fix problems
- Hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
- Customer service and solutions orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on succinct and direct messaging.
- Proven analytical skills, specifically the ability to organize and find patterns in data sets.
- Preferred: familiarity with the Model for Improvement, community-based health care, managed care terminology, and Medi-Cal.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.