Can you imagine yourself working in technology and still make a meaningful impact to the San Francisco communities? That is what San Francisco Health Plan can do for you.
At San Francisco Health Plan, we are looking for a Data Warehouse Architect to work closely with a team of data modelers, developers, and analysts to design and implement an integrated data warehouse architecture and solutions.
The focus of this position will be providing architectural oversight, technical leadership, design, and hands on development for key Data Management activities including enhancements to the organization’s data warehouse. The architect will use requirements gathered from business units to create a sustainable and flexible data warehouse architecture and create documentation like entity relationship diagrams to support the design.
This position will:
- Work directly with developers to implement database objects that follow data warehousing best practices and assist in implementation using applicable tools, SQL stored procedures, and user-defined functions.
- Contribute to the ongoing operational stability of the ETL processes, ensuring they are properly monitored and audited to provide data integrity, accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Lead design review sessions to help create standard design practices and ensure enhancements to the data warehouse conform to specified architectural principles.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead efforts to design, develop, and implement flexible data warehouse architecture.
- Develop both physical and logical data models.
- Prepare designs for database systems and recommend improvements for performance.
- Design various ETL processes and perform tests on data.
- Lead design review sessions and assist with architecture on team-wide projects.
- Define meta data and design standards for the data warehouse
- Maintain and develop various database scripts and tools to facilitate automation process.
- Mentor Programmer/Analysts, acting as an SME in data architecture
- Provide support and guidance to all data warehouse initiatives.
- Work with business users to clarify requirements and business rules.
- Create and execute unit test plans based on system and validation requirements.
- Collaborate with various business units to gather complete and functional requirements.
- Document all work per SFHP’s methodology.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Data Warehouse experience including advanced experience in Data Warehouse construction and concepts including Data Vault 2.0 and the use of database design patterns such as Star and Snowflake Schemas
- 5+ Experience with database design, database refactoring and database tuning
- 5+Years of ETL development experience using SSIS, Informatica, or similar tools
- 5+Years of advanced SQL skills (SQL Server preferred)
- 3+ Years of Python skills
- 1+Years with HIPAA/EDI X12 4010/5010 healthcare-related file formats including 834, 837, and NCPDP formats
- 1+ Years of experience using a BI tool such as Tableau or similar tools preferred
- In depth knowledge of data warehouse modeling and standards (i.e. Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault)
- Strong database-related development skills (complex SQL queries, complex store procedures and user-defined functions in SQL Server)
- Experience developing within the system development lifecycle to support reporting and data warehouse development.
- Expertise with developing an ETL lifecycle to support enterprise-wide data processing projects (i.e., Enterprise Data Warehouse)
- Ability to synthesize data from various sources and perform various types of data analysis
- Experience with standard regulatory reporting requirements such as HEDIS measures
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard health data code sets such as ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, revenue codes, and NDC (Pharmacy)
- Experience with EDI file formats and processing
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement
- Have the ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills
- Be highly organized and work well under pressure
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.