San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is committed to improving the health of our members and their experience of care! As the Manager of Health Services Product Management, you will effectively collaborate with clinical users to understand their challenges and facilitate improvements to software applications. You will be responsible for developing and executing a project roadmap that meets the needs of clinical users. While IT expertise is not needed, strong knowledge of project management, configuration, and system analysis will be part of the ideal candidate’s repertoire. In addition, you will contribute to and lead improvement in member health outcomes, particularly by improving clinical processes, increasing the use of data in clinical decision making, and identifying data gaps in HEDIS measure reporting. You will oversee the following systems: Essette Care Management Software, Verscend HEDIS Software, PreManage Community, First Data Bank’s MedsTracker, Milliman Advanced Risk Adjuster, and SFHP’s pay-for-performance application.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Management and Leadership:
- Support the development of achievable, relevant departmental goals, objectives and metrics, and ensure they are used to continually motivate staff and support high individual and department performance.
- Provide coaching and career development to staff, ensuring high morale and commitment.
- Facilitate effective meetings and provide presentations regarding SFHP’s programs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as Health Services resource with technical and analytic departments to ensure high effectiveness and integration with SFHP’s breadth of information systems.
- Effectively collaborate with SFHP management to ensure success in organization goals.
- Ensure that project management standards are being followed.
- Support staff with identifying and resolving project barriers.
- Develop and manage budget.
- Coordinate with ITS and Operations counterparts to ensure overall functionality of Health Services’ applications, including Essette, PreManage Community, PIPBase, Verscend, and First Data Bank’s MedsTracker.
- Engage business users and stakeholders to identify process improvements and system enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with Health Services and ITS leadership to lead system enhancements and upgrades of business applications.
- Prioritize short-term and long-term goals for applications, ensure inclusion of vendor improvements, system road maps, and integration with other SFHP applications.
- Serve as vendor manager for key applications in Health Services, including RFP process, negotiating small to medium contract terms, contract management, and measuring performance objectives.
- Oversee user acceptance testing to ensure comprehensive application review while minimizing business user effort.
- Facilitate improvements to existing business processes through enhancement or utilization of business applications.
- Ensure adequate training is available for business users.
- Monitor system utilization and recommend improvements as needed.
Reporting and Data Integration
- Coordinate with ITS and Business Intelligence to meet Health Services’ reporting needs.
- Lead thoughtful analyses of Health Services’ operations and promotes the use of data to improve department process.
- Ensure strong collaboration with Population Health, ITS, and Business Intelligence to identify and resolve data quality issues affecting HEDIS.
- Continually looks for new ways to integrate existing data sources to improve SFHP’s understanding of clinical outcomes.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place that lead to effective and accurate data analysis by Health Services.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Baccalaureate Degree in Healthcare, Information Technology or a related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 2+ years of people management/supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of experience in health plan operations, health care business applications, health care information technology systems or other experience directly related to position duties.
- Demonstrated experience completing business requirements, gathering requirements and creating documentation.
- Ability to implement process re-engineering.
- Strong time management, project management, and organization skills across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate and drive team accountability .
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.