In this newly created role, you will be responsible for critical pieces of the release lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs. You will also be responsible for implementing and managing software deployments as they migrate from development to testing and production environments. The Release Manager works collaboratively with project participants, application owners, feature sponsors, Systems Support Specialists, developers and testers to ensure timely delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio.
- Manage risk and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time, within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the feature backlogs, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, requirements, QA test plans, schedules, and scope changes.
- Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Produce deployment scripts and implementation plans.
- Communicate release details and schedules to key stakeholders as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Ensure all changes included in a release are ready for Change Review Board (CAB) review.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to our current configuration management needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in IT operations or development.
- Working knowledge of how to use Team Foundation Server (TFS) for documenting requirements, building test cases and generating reports.
- Understanding of TFS Source Control and Deployment features.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 140,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.