Are you ready to have a direct impact in shaping the future of healthcare?
In this organizationally critical role, you will be responsible for coordinating fiscal planning, development, implementation and monitoring of SFHP’s annual operating and capital budgets. You will also perform financial, enterprise project and statistical analysis needed to support key senior management decision making and monitor actual financial performance and compare it to budgetary projections, analyzing and interpreting variances.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the SFHP financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of the SFHP’s annual operating, capital and enterprise project budgets, ensuring departmental budget requests conform with annual guidelines.
- Provide analysis of actual operating results of each department monthly and year-to-date and compare to projected performance; interprets data and presents the results of SFHP financial operations to the CEO and Finance management; provides financial analyses, reports and information to department heads to assist in decision-making.
- Monitor financial trends and budgeted revenues and expenditures of SFHP to ensure that fiscal responsibility and control is maintained and to assure the fiscal well-being of SFHP.
- Coordinate, prepare and distribute all required external regulatory financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Contribute to the annual audit conducted by SFHP’s independent audit firm. Ensure availability and participation during interim and year-end field work through to finalization of the audit report.
- Play a critical role in regulatory requests such as: annual Medi-Cal Rate Development Template (RDT), monthly supplemental capitation, both ad hoc and routine regulatory data requests.
- Represent the Finance department on cross-functional project teams. Provide guidance to project sponsors and business leads and work closely with the Finance management on enterprise project budgeting initiatives.
- Promote continuous improvement/process improvement concepts within the Finance area as well as across the organization, identifying and capitalizing on process efficiency improvement opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years of successful accounting and financial reporting work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation, or financial planning and analysis of, annual operating budgets.
- Prior experience within a health care organization; experience with a health plan preferred.
- Experience in a Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics) and Adaptive Insights is highly desired.
- Strong initiative, critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Expert knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.