San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is committed to improving the health of our members and their experience of care! As the Manager, Health Services Business Relationships (HSBR) you will have responsibility for leading and developing a diverse team while leveraging technical applications and data systems to support continuous improvement of the business processes that support member outcomes. These systems include the Essette Care Management Software, Verisk HEDIS Software, PreManage Community, First Data Bank’s MedsTracker, and PIPBase (SFHP’s pay-for-performance application). You will serve as an expert in key processes to ensure integration with other SFHP departments. You will also ensure exemplary use of data within the Health Services department, including operational dashboards, SQL reporting, clear report specifications, and integration of data systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Management and Leadership:
- Provide effective leadership and supervision to staff members.
- Support the development of achievable, relevant departmental goals, objectives and metrics, and ensure they are used to continually motivate staff and support high individual and department performance.
- Provide coaching and career development to staff, ensuring high morale and commitment.
- Facilitate effective meetings and provide presentations regarding SFHP’s programs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as Health Services resource with technical and analytic departments to ensure high effectiveness and integration with SFHP’s breadth of information systems.
- Effectively collaborate with SFHP management to ensure success in organization goals.
- Ensure that project management standards are being followed.
- Supports staff with identifying and resolving project barriers.
- Develop and manage budget.
- Coordinate with ITS and Operations counterparts to ensure overall functionality of Health Services’ applications, including Essette, PreManage Community, PIPBase, Verscend, and First Data Bank’s MedsTracker.
- Engage business users and stakeholders to identify process improvements and system enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with Health Services and ITS leadership to lead system enhancements and upgrades of business applications.
- Prioritize short-term and long-term goals for applications, ensure inclusion of vendor improvements, system road maps, and integration with other SFHP applications.
- Serve as vendor manager for key applications in Health Services, including RFP process, negotiating small to medium contract terms, contract management, and measuring performance objectives.
- Oversee user acceptance testing to ensure comprehensive application review while minimizing business user effort.
- Ensure adherence to Software Development Life Cycle.
- Facilitate improvements to existing business processes through enhancement or utilization of business applications.
- Ensure adequate training is available for business users.
- Monitor system utilization and recommend improvements as needed.
Reporting and Data Integration
- Coordinate with ITS and Business Intelligence to meet Health Services’ reporting needs.
- Lead thoughtful analyses of Health Services’ operations and promotes the use of data to improve department process.
- Ensures strong collaboration with Population Health, ITS, and BI to identify and resolve data quality issues affecting HEDIS.
- Continually looks for new ways to integrate existing data sources to improve SFHP’s understanding of clinical outcomes.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place that lead to effective and accurate data analysis by Health Services.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Baccalaureate Degree in Healthcare, Information Technology or a related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 3+ years of people management/supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of experience in health plan operations, health care business applications, health care information technology systems or other experience directly related to position duties.
- Demonstrated experience completing business requirements, gathering requirements and creating documentation.
- Experience with developing process flow documentation and implementing process re-engineering.
- Strong project management and organization skills across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Budget management expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate and drive team accountability .
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.