The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the organization’s accounting function, including recommending and implementing internal controls, policies and procedures, preparing financial reports, supervising staff, process development and documentation, and project oversight.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supervise a team of accounting department staff and the related financial close and reporting functions.
- Perform detailed review of accounting department staff deliverables prior to posting or finalizing transactions.
- Under the direction of the Director of Accounting, supervise, motivate and support Accounting staff to achieve department objectives including: setting goals, planning workloads and resolving issues.
- Interview, select, coach, and evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- Promote a constructive work environment.
- Identify critical issues and trends, make recommendations, and provide guidance and counsel to the Director of Accounting and senior management; alert Director of Accounting to issues that impact the organization.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end closing process.
- Ensure work and projects are completed in a timely, cost effective manner, and take correction actions as needed.
- Recommend, document, and implement accounting-related policies and procedures.
- Assist with financial close and reporting on a monthly and annual basis; assist with company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor internal controls.
- Prepare project-related analyses on an as-needed basis.
- Oversee monthly account responsibilities and analysis, including supporting schedules.
- Ensure company accounting procedures conform to GAAP and GASB.
- Play a key role in the annual audit.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; CPA certification highly desirable
- 5 years of successful accounting and financial reporting work experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of management experience in an accounting environment
- Experience with health care organization required; experience with managed care or health plan preferred
- Experience in managing and developing subordinates, promoting teamwork and encouraging innovative ideas
- Systems implementation experience highly desired
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with Great Plains highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles, including General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statement and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line analysis
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 142,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.