As the Population Health Program Manager you'll be responsible for developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating medium and large-sized projects and programs affecting San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP), its members, and its provider network. Projects and programs, some of which are cross-functional, are aimed at improving SFHP’s provision of health education, culturally and linguistically competent care, preventative care, and chronic condition management.
Potential projects include:
- Monitoring provision of health care services and conducting regular and as needed improvements, such as annual Cultural Awareness training for SFHP staff and one-time internal infrastructure building for cultural and linguistic service requirements.
- Clinical interventions (time-limited projects), including improving postpartum care for African American members and improving HPV vaccination rates for adolescent members.
- Provider incentives, including SFHP’s $25 millilon pay-for-performance program.
- Member incentives (gift cards), to support member self-management and engagement in their health care.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide program/project management and leadership of several programs and projects simultaneously following SFHP’s Project Management Life Cycle standards. This includes:
- Developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating (using quantitative and qualitative methods) programs and projects.
- Regularly communicating to stakeholders, including facilitating meetings.
- Independent decision-making on low and medium impact decisions and appropriate involvement of manager and other stakeholders on other decisions.
- Producing, monitoring, and updating all program/project documentation, which includes work plans, charters, budgets, meeting materials, policies/procedures, risk/decision logs, and presentations.
- Adhering to program and project timelines.
- Ensuring that programs, projects, and their documentation is in compliance with regulations.
- Provide superior customer service to, and effectively collaborate with, team members and a wide variety of stakeholders, such as peers, managers, directors, executives, members, regulators, providers, staff at other health plans, other community partners.
- Improve functioning of programs and projects by identifying opportunities, integrating work with other efforts, and proposing solutions.
- Serve as accountable Health Outcomes Improvement representative and subject matter expert (SME) for program/project areas.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 + years experience as a program or project manager in a healthcare environment.
- A minimum of 1 year experience developing clinical or operational healthcare interventions.
- Demonstrated success in project implementation, process improvement and/or process redesign.
- Experience managing audit activities in a provider network.
- Audits include reviewing policies and procedures, instructing others on regulatory requirements, and developing a plan in coordination with the provider group to correct any problems found during the audit process.
- Ability to learn, monitor, and interact with regulators about requirements outlined in SFHP’s contracts with regulatory agencies.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, ability to manage simultaneous priorities, and comfortable with change.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Proficiency with MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 140,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.