The SFHP Care Management department runs a number of programs to meet the needs of SFHP members. The programs include NCQA complex medical case management and Health Homes, a community-based program for a small subset of Medi-Cal members with complex psychosocial needs and high utilization of acute health services whom require coordination at the highest levels.
The Care Management Supervisor is responsible for the clinical and administrative oversight of their team, consisting of Care Management Community Coordinators and Care Management Nurse, with input from physicians. In addition, the Care Management Supervisor acts as a clinical lead for the subpopulations served by the plan and is a member of both SFHP and Health Services Management Teams where they are expected to actively participate and represent the needs of their staff and the members served.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide supervision to a Care Management team composed of licensed (including RN/ASW) and non - licensed (Bachelor’s level) care management staff.
- Assist Director and Manager in consistent unified vision to all Care Management staff.
- Support in program strategic development; including creation of documents, policies and hiring plans.
- Provide supervision, coaching and training on specific job responsibilities and programmatic initiatives both onsite and in the field.
- Provide supervision and clinical input and oversight to care management staff that reports to them.
- Oversee the development of multidisciplinary care plans
- Regularly audit cases to ensure staff understanding and implementation of program priorities and principles.
- Provide regular feedback to supervisees on their work performance, focusing on both areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify areas for program improvement and make recommendations to unit management.
- Act as a role model to unit staff for professional behavior and appropriate work ethic.
- Resolve day to day personnel and performance management issues.
- Work in cohesion with the other supervisors; providing unified direction and oversight to all team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve the program’s efficiency of work processes.
- Assist in developing program training curriculum and competencies for program staff.
- Provide orientation for new employees or provide oversight to staff who will provide the orientation or act as a preceptor.
- Ensure that daily activities are being monitored, scheduled and coordinated with the overall team.
- Work as part of an inter-disciplinary team, adding clinical social work/behavioral health perspective to management of patients with complex needs.
- Provide support and guidance to staff in order to help them achieve and sustain expected productivity indicators.
- Coordinate with Care Management or other health plan Program Manager(s) on deliverables and strategic direction for activities associated with assigned subpopulation
- Provide timely input and support on any regulatory items such as policies and procedures, audits documents, and contracts to ensure compliance.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Masters’ degree in Social Work or Psychology.
- Unrestricted clinical LCSW or MFT license.
- 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- 2-5 years of case management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional internal and external relationships.
- Proficiency in mentoring for individual and team growth.
- Experience with complex populations (homelessness, mental illness, substance use).
- Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese preferred but not required.
- The ability to successfully complete a sex offender registry background screen (position may require home visits).
- Demonstrated proficiency MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge and use of Trauma Informed language and principles is desired.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the under-served low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.