The SF City Option Program Manager leads key initiatives and oversees daily operations for SF City Option, an employee health care benefits program for individuals who work in San Francisco. SF City Option, administered by San Francisco Health Plan on behalf of the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SF DPH), provides a way for employers to comply with the San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance. Since SF City Option launched in 2008, more than 3,200 employers have used SF City Option to make health care benefits available to over 330,000 workers in San Francisco. Learn more about the program at www.sfcityoption.org.
The Program Manager ensures that SF City Option program goals are completed in a high quality, timely, and efficient manner, and that exemplary service is provided to program participants and SF DPH. The ideal candidate for this position must be proactive and highly organized with proven success managing high performing teams in a fast-paced environment and overseeing a diverse set of operational functions and projects. This position is perfect for the candidate who loves the details, has a passion for making complex things work, can see ways to simplify processes while maintaining program integrity, would rather collaborate than supervise their team members, and strongly believes in the mission of improving health case access as a step toward universal health care for all San Franciscans.
What You’ll Do
- Consistently deliver high quality work products in an environment with frequent workload changes and competing demands.
- Oversee resolution of operational issues as they arise.
- Ensure accurate, useful, meaningful, and timely communications and marketing materials, and oversee the drafting of new and updated communications.
- Lead and manage projects including process improvements and policy changes.
- Collaborate with data analysts to ensure accurate and relevant data reporting to support daily operations, program monitoring, and compliance.
- Effectively use data and metrics to inform program and process design.
- Oversee the review and maintenance of reference documentation, including desktop procedures, process flows, and business rules
- Service oriented – responsive and collaborative with internal and external stakeholders, balancing programmatic needs with a drive to provide excellent customer service.
- Analytical – enthusiastically tackling operational puzzles and looking for ways to simplify the program and make it more responsive.
- Responsible – leading and taking ownership of the program, knowledge base, and special projects.
- Desire to join a team of passionate and dedicated individuals providing innovative health access programs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with colleagues.
- Prior project management experience on cross-functional projects, including prioritizing tasks and adhering to schedules to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision.
- Ability to formulate logical and objective conclusions from diverse data points and evaluate analyses and reports to support program decision-making.
- Rigorous attention to detail and willingness to assist at all levels in order to ensure on- time and accurate deliverables.
- Strong decision-making skills and judgment, as business lead and subject matter expert, applying policies and procedures with minimal supervision, escalating issues as appropriate. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify potential process improvements and more effective methods of work operations, including identifying alternatives and their implications.
- High level of professionalism communicating through verbal and written forms.
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Competency in Microsoft Visio and SharePoint preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in public health, public policy, business administration, public administration, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of local and state health care programs including Covered California, Medi-Cal, the Health Care Security Ordinance and Healthy San Francisco is preferred.
- Understanding of the basic provisions of the Affordable Care Act and its implementation in California is preferred.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 140,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.