The SFHP Care Management department runs a number of programs to meet the needs of SFHP members. These programs include the Health Homes program, a community-based program for a small subset of Medi-Cal members with complex psychosocial needs and high utilization of acute health services whom require coordination at the highest levels. In this role, you will be responsible for the clinical and administrative oversight of a team of experienced Community Coordinators in addition to acting as a clinical lead for subpopulations served by the plan.
Please note that this position is funded through December, 2020 and as such will have a defined end date.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide supervision to a Care Management team composed of bachelor’s level and otherwise experienced Community Coordinators.
- Support program strategic development, including the creation of documents, policies and hiring plans.
- Provide supervision, clinical input and oversight to the care management staff within scope of your LCSW/LMFT training.
- Oversee the development of multidisciplinary care plans.
- Regularly audit cases to ensure staff understanding and implementation of program priorities and principles.
- Provider regular performance feedback to the team and resolve day to day performance management issues.
- Work in cohesion with the other clinical supervisors, providing unified direction and oversight to all team members.
- Assist in developing program training curriculum and competencies for program staff.
- Provide orientation for new employees or oversight to staff who will act as a preceptor.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team, add a clinical social work/behavioral health perspective to the management of patients with complex needs.
- Provide timely input and support on any regulatory items such as policies and procedures, audit documents, and contracts to ensure compliance.
- Use your process improvement skills to identify areas for program improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Masters’ degree in Social Work or Psychology.
- Unrestricted clinical LCSW or MFT license.
- 2-3 years of clinical experience.
- 2-5 years of case management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional internal and external relationships.
- Proficiency in mentoring for individual and team growth.
- Experience with complex populations (homelessness, mental illness, substance use).
- Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese preferred but not required.
- The ability to successfully complete a sex offender registry background screen (position may require home visits).
- Demonstrated proficiency MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge and use of Trauma Informed language and principles is desired.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the under-served low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.