The San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) Information Technology Services team has a tremendous opportunity for a driven, data-focused analyst who will have responsibility for the data integrity of SFHP’s core systems, e.g. QNXT (managed care system), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) by performing regular audits of data in the core system along with audits of the data sources going into and out of these systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform problem investigation, evaluation and recommendations of SFHP core data processes: eligibility, providers, claims/encounter and authorizations.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify data related problems and solve discrepancies or data integrity issues.
- Perform overall data analysis of inbound/outbound data into SFHP core systems, e.g. QNXT, EDW, including provider, members and claims/encounters for various data sources; i.e. files, SFHP transaction systems.
- Assist in data analysis in support of prototyping canned/scheduled reports/extracts and dashboard development.
- Work with business owners and IT resources to define data and document mapping rules.
- Proactively monitor source system changes for data impacts and communicate resulting data warehouse modifications.
- Work with developers to build or enhance data loads & extracts.
- Serve as QA resource as needed on projects pertaining to data flowing into and out of EDW and other core systems.
- Communicate data enhancement needs with management and development team.
- Mentor and coach junior ITS Data Analysts.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A degree from a four-year college (e. g., BS), which may be substituted with equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience at a healthcare organization, particularly at a managed health plan.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Data Analyst in a healthcare environment using SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and clearly present written information and findings.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate health care concepts and technical information to management personnel.
- Expert collaborator who can foster strong working relationships with co-workers and outside contacts.
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.