San Francisco Health Plan’s Coverage Programs Team is currently looking for a Training Program Manager. This position will provide direction and guidance on education and trainings supporting Healthy San Francisco, SF City Option and Healthy Kids programs. The Training Program Manager will also support training needs for staff at the SFHP Service Center who provide assistance to the public on a wide range of health programs including Covered California, Medi-Cal, Healthy Workers, Medicare, etc. The San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the Third Party Administrator (TPA) providing customer service, billing, systems, enrollment, marketing, reporting and other operational support on behalf of the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH).
The Training Program Manager’s primary responsibility will be to support Program Managers and Managers to effectively train and educate staff supporting the coverage programs. Lead the development of an overall departmental training strategy which reflects adult learning best practice and methodology. The Training Manager will advise, lead and collaborate extensively with program management staff and subject matter experts on creation of content and delivery of trainings.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong interest and passion for adult learning and be committed to thoughtful and strategic approaches to training and education. The candidate will implement effective ways to identify training needs, deliver trainings, and evaluate training effectiveness.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Training Curriculum and Strategy: develop training curriculum and strategy for Healthy San Francisco, Healthy Kids and SF City Option; including training and education of SFHP staff directly interfacing with clients and supporting program functions and as well as external stakeholders and partners (vendors, SF DPH, enrollment assistors, etc.).
- Collaboration: collaborate with department Program Managers, Managers and subject matter experts on development of content for training materials, testing and evaluation. Act as a primary liaison to SFHP’s Learning and Development department, ensuring alignment with organizational learning priorities and strategy.
- Process Development: develop processes and methods to identify training needs, monitor and track participation, and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Trainer: serve as the lead trainer for the Healthy San Francisco (HSF) Application Assistor community, providing in-person practical training and testing for individuals submitting HSF applications on behalf of interested applicants.
- Facilitation: serve as the lead and facilitator for the Training Lead Committee (TLC), which oversees certification and management of Healthy San Francisco (HSF) Application Assistors.
- Materials Development: assist the SFHP Service Center to identify, develop and distribute training user manuals, fact sheets, updates and other tools for enrollment staff providing in-person application and enrollment assistance.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in educational or public health field preferred.
- At least one year experience in a training role with responsibility for designing learning programs for adults, preferably in a health care setting.
- Prior work experience in a health care environment or program management strongly preferred.
- Experience designing, creating and delivering effective learning programs for adults.
- Ability to drive training priorities and strategy for the department while also executing the details required to meet departmental goals.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills, resulting in high quality work products and presentations.
- Familiarity with health care, managed care terminology and Medi-Cal preferred.
- Experience working with low-income vulnerable populations, especially those with low health literacy preferred.
- Strong interest and passion for identifying new and innovative ways of delivering engaging content in alignment with best practice and effective teaching methodology.
- Excellent communication skills and exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills. Superior public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations and trainings to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy in interactions with team members as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including the ability to establish rapport at a variety of levels with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.