Are you passionate about improving access to healthcare? Do you enjoy solving problems, working with data and being part of a team?
In this position you will have responsibility for critical quality and performance improvement activities of San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP), in collaboration with the rest of the Health Outcomes Improvement staff and with care providers in our award-winning provider network. You will also help drive key initiatives meant to ensure SFHP members get the best possible health care services and experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leverage your knowledge and experience to collect, organize, track and summarize information to facilitate the resolution of member grievances. Implement grievance reporting enhancements and ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Draft materials necessary for executing projects such as project plans, charters and meeting materials. Draft presentations and facilitate meetings with project managers and individual contributors.
- Support day-to-day implementation of small to medium scale or short –term projects such as research, communications, database management, meeting coordination, and event logistics.
- Coordinate materials, record agreements and actions for SFHP committees and meetings.
- Conduct basic compilation, organization and analysis of data in order to evaluate current program and inform the development of new programs.
- Organize meetings (prepare agenda, organize documents on SharePoint, order food, document agreements and actions, track completion of actions).
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders as needed to ensure successful outcomes.
- Provide system overview training and end-user training for implemented process changes.
- Support the Grievance Analyst and Quality Review Nurse in member grievance resolution activities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of experience in health plan operations, health care clinical quality improvement, direct patient care, or other experience directly related to position duties and knowledge.
- Strong time management, task management, and organization skills across multiple simultaneous projects.
- A demonstrated ability to:
- Work with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Produce accurate and precise work with strong attention to detail.
- Find and fix problems.
- Work very efficiently and thoroughly, fill gaps, prevent overlaps.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Hold self and others accountable to deadlines.
- Present information (verbal and written) to executives, clinicians and other stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills preferred in order to communicate recommendations for improvement both within SFHP and in our provider network.
- Customer service and solutions-oriented approach to working with others.
- Strong verbal communication skills, for effective work with SFHP staff, management, and executives; and with health care providers and practice staff.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skill set.
- Demonstrated MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.