The Supervisor plays a key role in ensuring the delivery of exemplary customer service and high quality in-person eligibility and enrollment services to members of the public at the SFHP Service Center. This position is responsible for supervising a team of enrollment staff and exercising effective critical thinking and judgement skills to ensure high-quality application and enrollment assistance is provided to clients, such as through regular performance assessments and enrollment application audits.
The candidate for this position will have a superior track record of supervising and leading staff from diverse backgrounds to support a high performing, high morale team. Candidate will also be highly organized with proven experience in an operational client-facing and service-oriented role and will preferably have current or prior experience in health insurance enrollment and eligibility, public social services enrollment or health care provider operations, and knowledge of health care regulatory requirements. A successful candidate will understand the connection between this role and the SFHP Service Center mission of being a credible, empathetic and helpful resource for clients seeking assistance applying or enrolling into San Francisco health coverage programs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervises and provides effective leadership to a team of 8 – 10 enrollment staff. Ensures staff are appropriately trained and certified according to their job responsibilities, adhering to protocol or policy and providing superior service to clients.
- Promotes and implements rigorous training curricula for new and existing staff providing in-person services. Establishes effective performance monitoring tools and reporting to ensure accurate, consistent enrollment services that meet required compliance standards.
- Maintains program expertise, training requirements, and certifications for all application assistance services offered by the SFHP Service Center, including Medi-Cal, CalFresh, Covered CA, Healthy San Francisco, City Option and Healthy Kids.
- Ensures the accurate and efficient delivery of SFHP’s eligibility, enrollment and application assistance services for various health coverage programs.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures, including measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
- Produces high-quality program or performance reporting to management to satisfy contractual obligations, operational and performance monitoring, or requests from management.
- Works both independently and within a team environment to respond to departmental changes and staff and management requests in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a healthcare, public benefits, or social services environment.
- College degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years in a supervisory role with direct reports preferred.
- Minimum 1 year in a customer service role providing direct services to clients. Experience with in-person services preferred.
- Ability to create a positive and healthy work environment for a team of employees with a range of experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Certified Covered California Enrollment Counselor with prior experience assisting clients in applying for Covered California, Medi-Cal, CalFresh, Healthy Kids and/or Healthy San Francisco preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of public health insurance programs in California and San Francisco. Familiarity with managed care or Medi-Cal preferred.
- Ability to work with complicated rules and policies and collect and process confidential and personal health information with competence, care and discretion.
- Ability to establish standard expectations for staff performance and evaluate, coach or mentor staff to reach high levels of performance.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and comply with complex rules and regulations, including privacy and compliance standards, program eligibility rules and processes.
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) program rules and policies in clear, understandable terms accurately and professionally to various audiences and individuals of diverse backgrounds. Ability to manage interpersonal interactions with poise, tact and sensitivity.
- Good judgment, organization, prioritization skills, and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience with eligibility applications such as One-e-App, CalHEERS, mybenefitsCalWIN etc. is desirable.
- Detail oriented, with a proven ability to produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in effectively working individually and within a team.
- Must be able to work at the SFHP Service Center at 7 Spring Street in San Francisco during the core hours of Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; periodically during extended hours of overtime which may include weekdays between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm or weekend hours, as necessary.
WHO WE ARE
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.