The Senior Business Analyst reports directly to the Director of Business Intelligence and works closely with the CEO and CFO as well as other senior management, playing a key role in analyzing company clinical and financial performance and developing cost containment and care delivery strategies and processes. This is a highly visible role expected to provide business intelligence to all areas of the company. The Sr. Business Analyst will lead multiple concurrent projects, as well as provide data to guide strategic initiatives and decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of managed care principals, analysis concepts, and health care data to support our critical business needs.
- Develop Summary, Detail and Dashboard reports and management/analytic summaries which present data findings in a professional, concise and readable format appropriate for content and audience.
- Analyze findings and provide actionable insights and recommendations based on analysis and drilldown.
- Document report processes and logic applied in reporting.
- Develop reimbursement models and recommendations to support efficiency and cost savings.
- Create partnerships with internal customers to drive the adoption of data-driven decision-making.
- Develop Business Requirements Documents (BRDs).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Master in Public Health, and/ or Masters of Business Administration or related field are preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in analysis, interpretation and reporting using medical claims or administrative data sets.
- Experience using varied statistical methods.
- Strong technical skills, with intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of, and ability to work within, relational database structures.
- Excellent proven communication skills; ability to formulate and communicate data process, findings and recommendations.
- Experience preparing executive level reports and presentations.
- Experience working in a Managed Care environment, with knowledge of health insurance benefit plan coverage and terms such as deductibles and coinsurance, provider reimbursement and fee schedules, and provider risk arrangements.
- Prior experience in Government Health Programs e.g. Medicare/Medicaid preferred.
- Business Intelligence tools and Pharmacy reporting experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of health care guidelines and standards.
WHO WE ARE
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Please be sure to attach a cover letter with your submission.
San Francisco Health Plan isan Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.