Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, and maintenance of technology-enabled solutions that support San Francisco Health Plan’s administration of Healthy Kids, Healthy San Francisco, and SF City Option programs.
The San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator for several public health care programs on behalf of the San Francisco Department of Public Health: Healthy Kids, Healthy San Francisco, and SF City Option.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that SFHP staff have access to timely and accurate data to monitor and evaluate program operations and performance. Products that the Manager will oversee include proprietary, in-house applications and external vendor systems that are used by SFHP staff and program participants. The Manager will establish a shared vision among product stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and features to launch. The Manager will facilitate the release of products that grow with new program and user needs, and create a great user experience for SFHP staff and program participants.
The Manager represents users of systems and data and works closely with SFHP ITS and external vendors to ensure exemplary delivery of program services and completion of project goals. The candidate for this position must be proactive and highly organized with proven success managing high performing teams in a fast-paced environment. This position requires demonstrable excellence in the ability to generate innovative ideas and deliver high quality results across a multitude of projects and functions.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the functionality of ITS systems used by internal program staff and program participants.
- Oversee the ideation and prioritization of new system features, drafting of business requirements, creation of user test cases, and user acceptance testing.
- Oversee data integrity and ensure accurate and timely updates/reconciliation of data. Develop and implement processes for identifying and resolving data issues.
- Oversee analysis of data and preparation of reports for program monitoring and strategic decision-making.
- Oversee the review and maintenance of reference documentation, including desktop procedures, process flows, and user guides.
- Oversee the delivery of end-user training for implemented systems and processes along with accompanying training resources.
- Oversee the gathering and analysis of data from various sources to understand user needs and inform future process and technology enhancements. This may include conducting interviews, surveys, usability studies, and data analysis.
- Facilitate and support process improvement initiatives focused on improved data quality and workflow efficiency.
- Evaluate changes to program policies and processes to identify impacts to systems, reports, and data. Develop implementation plans.
- Manage internal and external communications related to system updates and issues.
- Supervise program analysts and product managers, and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Research and evaluate technology opportunities and trends through industry meetings, seminars, and vendor contacts.
- Participate in departmental and intradepartmental projects as needed and assist in ensuring high quality department performance.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in information technology management, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience as an IT Project Manager, IT Product Manager, and/or Business Systems Analyst
- 3-5 years of employee supervision required.
- Prior project management experience on cross-functional projects, including prioritizing tasks and adhering to schedules to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Prior experience in performing detailed analyses and creating actionable reporting to support program decision-making.
- Prior experience in business requirements gathering, developing and implementing technology strategies and approaches, and process design and documentation methodologies.
- Demonstrated track record of applying modern product approaches including lean product design, user-centered design, and agile development.
- Strong interest in staying up-to-date on new opportunities, trends, challenges, and successes in government/civic technology.
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and willingness to assist at all levels in order to ensure on time and accurate deliverables. Proven ability to consistently deliver high quality work products.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Effective problem-solver with superior organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to interact and work effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Knowledge of local and state health care programs including Covered California, Medi-Cal, the Health Care Security Ordinance and Healthy San Francisco is preferred.
- Understanding of the basic provisions of the Affordable Care Act and its implementation in California is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience using data analysis and/or business intelligence tools.