Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
The Manager will be responsible for overseeing strategic direction, decision-making, and operations for SF City Option, an employee health care benefits program for individuals who work in San Francisco. SF City Option is administered by San Francisco Health Plan on behalf of the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SF DPH) and a way for employers to comply with a labor law, the San Francisco Health Care Security Ordinance. Since SF City Option launched in 2008, more than 3,200 employers have used SF City Option to make health care benefits available to over 330,000 workers in San Francisco. Learn more about the program at www.sfcityoption.org.
The Manager leads cross-functional SFHP teams to ensure that program goals are completed in a high quality, timely, and efficient manner, and that exemplary service is provided to program participants and SF DPH. The candidate for this position must be proactive and highly organized with proven success managing high performing teams in a fast-paced environment and overseeing a diverse set of operational functions and projects.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee accurate and timely program eligibility determination and program enrollment for eligible participants.
- Ensure high quality customer service to employers, employees, and SF DPH from SFHP staff and external vendors.
- Ensure accurate, useful, and timely communications and Marketing materials available to employers and employees. Oversee the drafting of new and updated communications.
- Ensure that SFHP staff and vendors are adequately trained on SF City Option program rules and systems. Oversee the development and delivery of training materials.
- Lead and manage projects including process improvements and policy changes.
- Oversee the review and maintenance of reference documentation, including desktop procedures, process flows, and business rule documents.
- Effectively use data and metrics to inform program and process design.
- Supervise 3-5 program staff and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, including SF DPH, San Francisco Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE), external vendors/consultants, and employer representatives.
- Lead SF City Option strategic planning, including development of project roadmaps and annual budget.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in public policy, business administration, or public administration preferred.
- Prior project management experience on cross-functional projects, including prioritizing tasks and adhering to schedules to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- 3-5 years of employee supervision required.
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision.
- Prior experience in evaluating analyses and reports to support program decision-making.
- Attention to detail and willingness to assist at all levels in order to ensure on time and accurate deliverables. Proven ability to consistently deliver high quality work products.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Effective problem-solver with superior organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of professionalism communicating through verbal and written forms.
- Knowledge of local and state health care programs including Covered California, Medi-Cal, the Health Care Security Ordinance and Healthy San Francisco is preferred.
- Understanding of the basic provisions of the Affordable Care Act and its implementation in California is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Competency in Microsoft Visio and SharePoint preferred.