We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and professional Site Operations Specialist to manage the reception and front desk at the San Francisco Health Plan Service Center. This position is the first point of contact for all visitors to the SFHP Service Center, ensuring they are greeted and appropriately triaged depending on their appointment needs. The Site Operations Specialist plays a key role in ensuring smooth day to day operations, including managing appointments, triaging requests for walk in appointments and answering general questions from the public.
The San Francisco Health Plan is a Medi-Cal managed care plan with over 130,000 Medi-Cal members, and provides Third Party Administrator (TPA) services to the San Francisco Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco (HSF), the SF City Option program and the Healthy Kids (HK) program. The Enrollment Services team at the SFHP Service Center provides health insurance and health care coverage enrollment services for individuals and families for Medi-Cal, Covered CA, SF City Option, Healthy Kids and Healthy San Francisco (HSF) programs. The SFHP Care Management Team also provides services for SFHP members at the SFHP Service Center.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, be detail oriented and able to take immediate ownership of their work. This position requires a strong ability to multi-task and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Normal office hours for this position will be from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Service Center appointment schedule, including checking in, assigning and reassigning appointments, handling walk-in appointment requests, and managing no-shows.
- Greet all visitors in a cheerful, courteous, and professional manner.
- Acknowledge guests in a timely manner
- Provide a friendly welcome to all guests (appointments and walk-ins)
- Be respectful and accommodating to all visitors
- Triage inquiries and complaints as the first point of contact, which may include referrals to other SFHP departments, other San Francisco agencies or organizations, or escalations to management.
- Coordinate with SFHP Customer Service regarding client appointments and respond to inquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Monitor and maintain sufficient inventory of printed member and outreach materials in the reception area.
- Adhere to SFHP, Service Center and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure all confidential data and information is handled in a secure manner.
- Maintain a clean and presentable reception area
- Coordinate and maintain mail flow between the Service Center and the Main Office.
- 2 years experience in a member services or customer service role
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Bilingual skills (English and Spanish and/or Cantonese) preferred.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong communication skills and high level of professionalism in both written and verbal communications.
- Attention to detail and willingness to assist at all levels in order to ensure smooth office operations.
- Demonstrated success working with customers and/or outside vendors.
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or Medi-Cal, Covered California, Healthy Kids and/or Healthy San Francisco preferred.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.