This mission critical position will work closely with a team of business systems analysts to design, implement and maintain business applications and data automation processes to further support our members and providers. The individual will design and create object-oriented solutions within the Microsoft .NET Framework, including SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions. You will leverage your strength in documentation to author functional and technical specifications and serve as a subject matter expert for the common codebase.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with IT project manager/business systems analyst and business users to clarify and document requirements and business rules.
- Drive the transistion from business requirements to technical design.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy applications and batch processes.
- Create and execute unit test plans and systems integration testing based on system and validation requirements.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and tune applications and batch processes.
- Document all work-product, per SFHP’s best practices and standards.
- Maintain existing code and fix bugs whenever needed.
- Ensure smooth functioning of our development, QA, and production environments for SFHP business applications.
- Collaborate with various functional business units to gather business and technical requirements.
- Conduct data analysis; identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of .NET developer experience using Visual Studio.
- 5+ years of advanced SQL Server development skills (complex SQL queries, complex store procedures and user-defined functions in SQL Server 2005).
- 5+ years of proven ability in application development, ideally with one or more CLR languages, preferably C# and/or VB.NET.
- Strong experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (version 3.5) and ASP.NET.
- Experience in data analysis and data modeling (particularly OLTP design, 3rd normal form).
- Familiarity with industry standard health data code sets such as ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, revenue codes, and NDC (Pharmacy).
- Familiarity with EDI/X12 file formats and other industry standards.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.